Monday, November 24, 2008

My horses, my therapy


I learned from a little girl, that using my voice to communicate was not the way to go.
I grew up on a farm you see and was always surrounded by animals. They seemed to know everything every time without my words. So, those were the perfect friendships for me.
When my Pony Poppy came along, she was even more in tune with my heart, soul and mind. I could just count on her every time to save me without a word. She was my best friend even when I reached the age where I could not ride her, she was still the keeper of all my secrets and my heart.

That desperate need to stay connected with an Equine has remained all through my life, my worst times had no horse by my side, and now that I am in my 40's, it has only intensified.
I find that the more I accept about myself as a person, I think that comes with age, the more I am needing and wanting to wrap my whole self around my horse, in heart and soul. They in return do the same for me in the bond I develop and the trust they give.

My Percheron Skye, who passed away this summer (08) pictured above, taught me the amazing stoic abilities of these already blessed creatures. He was my angel and gave me so much more of my heart when I fell in love with him. It destroyed me for quite some time when he went, but when I healed, I discovered a bigger heart because of him.

There is no one and nothing that gets inside like my horse...my family..my hubby accepts that and love that part of me which speaks of their wonderful hearts and non -judgmental souls!

So..my self without my horse..that is a poisonous place and that may be a bad thing in the eyes of the therapists, some of which I could name from my past, but oh well..it is working for me :D
How about any of you???
Julie :)

2 comments:

ezra_pandora said...

Hi there :) just came to your blog from your friend Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind. I LOVE draft horses and Percheron's are one of my favorites. Well, I'll say honestly I think I love all horses really. Isn't it funny how you don't have to really speak to animals? They always make you feel good inside. I'm sorry for your loss, it's never easy (I see in your more recent posts about the Fjord, how exciting!!).

chickinpjs said...

Thank you so much for comin' over to see me! :D
Drafts are just sooo..oh..well..special. They remind me of the big soft Grandpa that always new what you needed.
I just cannot be without my animals. I just seem to wilt. I cannot communicate well to humans when I do not have animals in my life ;P
I have been so blessed to have been touched by some very special horses and other species too like birds and ..oh..there is a list! I grew up on a farm so there was always something needing bottle feeding in the house. LOVED THAT!!
Ya! Fjord all the way!! Have you ever been around one? I had no idea they were so charming and amazing!
:D